Famous In Bollywood Dancer, Actor & Film Director ‘Remo D’Souza’ Career
Remo D’souza is a renowned Indian dancer, actor and a film director famous in Bollywood. He was seen judging many television reality dance shows. He got his first break in bollywood as a background dancer in the film ‘Rangeela’ – 1995 and made his debut as a director with the film ‘F.A.L.T.U’ in 2011. He has also won the 63rd National Film Awards for Best Choreography for the song “Deewani Mastani” in Bajirao Mastani. Currently, he is seen judging Dance Plus 3 which airs on Star Plus.
Birth Name : Ramesh Gopi Nair
Famous As : Remo D’souza
Birth place : Palakkad, Kerala, India
Date of birth : 2 April 1974
Age : 43 years
Height : 5’7″
Weight : 58 Kgs
Zodiac sign : Aries
Religion : Converted to Christian
Occupation : Dencer, Film actor, Director, Choreographer
Spouse : Lizelle D’Souza
Children : Dhruv and Gabriel
Remo hails from Olavakkode, Palakkad, Kerala, and was born on April 2, 1974 in Bangalore to K. Gopi, a cook in the Indian Air Force, and Madhvi Laxmi. He has an elder brother, Ganesh Gopi, and 4 sisters. He did his schooling at the Air Force School, Jamnagar, Gujarat. During his school days, he was an athlete and won prizes in the 100 meter race.
He is married to Lizelle, an Anglo-Indian from Mumbai. Lizelle is a costume designer who has designed costumes for many television shows. They have two sons, Druv and Gabriel. Currently he is residing, with his family, in Andheri West, Mumbai.
He got recognition when he and his team came first in All India Dance Competition. Ahmed Khan noticed him and auditioned him. He was selected by the assistant of Ahmed Khan to shoot first song of Rangeela movie. Ram Gopal Verma loved his character too much and kept him in all scenes of movie. This was the first break to Remo D’Souza. From then onwards, he started assisting Ahmed Khan and assisted him for one year.
Anubhav Sinha gave him the dirst video, which was Sonu Nigam’s album Deewana. This album became a big hit. He then worked in many videos with Anubhav Sinha. Remo D’Souza got his first break in Bollywood movie ‘Dil Pe Mat Le Yar’, which was not successful on big screens. Then he was again given a chance by Anubhav Sinha in movie Tum Bin, which was a big hit. After he choreographed the song ‘Ishq Samundar’ in ‘Kaante’ movie, his career took off to new levels.
He then worked in international projects like After Marigold (2007) and ‘Let’s Go Mumbai City’ with Adnan Sami and Michael Jackson sister Jermaine Jackson. He also had choreographed more than 150 songs in Indian cinemas till now. Continue reading biography of choreographer Remo D’Souza to learn about his bollywood career.
- Vijay Awards for Best Find of the Year for the film Enthiran – 2011
- Screen Awards for Best Choreographer for the song “Badtameez Dil” in the film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani – 2013
- Zee Cine Awards for Best Choreography for the song “Badtameez Dil” in the film Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani – 2014
- IIFA Awards for Best Choreography for the song “Badtameez Dil” in the film Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani – 2014
- Star Guild Awards for Best Choreography for the song “Badtameez Dil” in the film Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani – 2014
- Renault Star Guild Awards for Best Choreographer for “Badtameez Dil” and “Balam Pichkari” – 2014.
- Stardust Awards for Best Choreographer for the film ABCD2 – 2015
- BIG Entertainment Awards for Most Entertaining Social Film for the film ABCD2 – 2015
- Screen Awards for Best Choreographer for the song “Sunn Saathiya” in the film ABCD2 – 2016
- Star Guild Awards for Best Choreography in the film Bajirao Mastani – 2016
- 63rd National Film Awards for Best Choreography for the song “Deewani Mastani” in Bajirao Mastani – 2016